Hello my beautiful people, I hope you had the best time celebrating Thanksgiving with your nearest and dearest family members. Anyhow, if you are anything like me, aka reading this post while laying flat down on a couch, admiring the view of your bloated stomach, you will understand that the Thanksgiving love pounds are real.
Since my birthday is coming up in 2 weeks and I would really like to fit in my birthday dresses (this is when I regret getting them tailored to fit me by cm before the feast), I have decided to do a 4 day detox for my body to regain its balance and de-bloat itself. This requires NO STARVING, just some planning effort AND self control. I came up with this myself so it may not work perfectly for everyone, but I really want to share it with you guys since it always worked wonder for me.
- In the morning, immediately after you wake up and cleansed your mouth with some water, go ahead and drink 2 big glasses of warm water with half a lime’s juice in each glass. Wait for 10 minutes then go brush your teeth.
- Make a big green smoothies consisting of coconut water (adjust to your own consistency preference), 2 frozen bananas, a bunch of strawberries + blackberries and 2 cups of uncooked spinach. This is your first breakfast meal. Now pack 2 apples to eat later in an hour after you pee and feel hungry again at work. I’M NOT KIDDING. Don’t you dare to reach for that bagel.
- YES ABSOLUTELY NO GLUTEN NOR DAIRY/ARTIFICIAL SUGAR.
- For lunch: a big, hearty salad. No sad iceberg lettuce allowed. A delicious recipe I would like to share is crisp kale fruit salad (1 cubed honey crisp apple+1 cubed pear+ 3 cups of chopped kale/spring mix+ a handful of your chopped favorite nuts+a light dressing of lemon juice mixed with salt/pepper, a tiny bit of olive oil and 1 tablespoon of organic honey) . Tip: if you like your dressing on the creamy side, add some Greek fat free yogurt in the dressing and stir thoroughly.
- Between lunch and dinner snack options: 1 hard boiled egg+ 1 egg white (yes scoop out the yolk) OR 16 oz of cold pressed juice with 1 tablespoon or chia seed in it.
- DRINK PLENTY OF WATER, add lemon slices/ cucumber for more flavors
- For dinner, go with a nice and warm cooked meal consisting of lean protein (chicken/fish) or filling plant based protein if you are vegan/vegetarian. I would absolutely try to avoid tofu as much as possible since the steps in the process are not at all healthy.
- Suggested recipe:
- Lime pepper chicken: 1-2 boiled chicken breasts or grilled, hand shredded then in a container with lid, coat then shake them thoroughly with juice of 1-2 lime+ salt+ pepper and red pepper flakes. The lime juice will gives it a nice zesty flavor and ensure juiciness. Go easy on the salt since it will make you more bloated.
- Quinoa stir fry with mushrooms, garlic, shallots and kale for carb+ protein boost
- Vegan entree option: Roasted squash rings. Slice squash into 1/4 inch slices and discard seeds. Place flat on a foiled baking dish. Brush a mixture of grape-seed oil, salt+pepper, and sprinkle a bit of brown sugar on top. Bake at 400F for 15-20 mins, then flip side for a total cooking time of 30-14 mins.
Please avoid eating 2-3 hours before going to bed. If you really crave for a dessert after dinner, wait 30 mins then blend some frozen bananas+ 2 teaspoons of raw cocoa powder and some shredded coconut. Enjoy and let me know what you guys think ❤ XOXO