Hello there lovely humans, I hope your first day back to work after Labor Day weekend is going fabulous. If not, perhaps you should cheer yourself up with this wonderful recipe of mine. It’s not exactly a very healthy/vegan recipe as the usual ones that I typically post, but it will make up for that flaw with its wonderful delight in taste and texture. Crowd pleaser for sure and will be very fitting to be served as a special treat on different occasions.
Yes I know my decorating skill is the equivalent of a 5 year old doodles but hey it tastes good :P.
-1 cup of silvered almonds
-6 whole graham crackers broken into pieces
-1 table spoon of cane sugar/whatever sugar you have (don’t use splenda please it is way worse for your body)
-3 table spoons of apple sauce and 2 table spoons of butter (I know I know, at least it isn’t 5 tbs of butter)
- Grind almonds, graham crackers and sugar in a food processor into a fine mixture then add butter+apple sauce until crumbs are evenly moisture
- Turn oven to 350 degree
- Press crumbs into bottom of a 10 inch diameter spring form pan with 2 1/2 inch high side. Bake the crust for 8-10 minutes. Cool off
-1 1/2 pounds cream cheese lol (equivalent to 3 whole packs–yes hate me)
-1 cup of sugar
-1/4 cup of apple sauce and 2 table spoons of butter
-1/2 cup of light sour cream
-1 1/2 table spoon of vanilla extract
-3 table spoons of poppy seeds
-3 large eggs
1/4 cup of orange juice
-Orange peel of 1 orange
- Using electric mixer, beat cream cheese+ sugar + applesauce & butter + orange peel together until smooth.
- Add sour cream+ vanilla+ orange juice+ poppy seed then blend further
- Finally add eggs (one at a time then blend into a fine mixture.
- Pour filling into cooled crust lined pan
- Bake for 25 minutes
- Reduce oven to 300 degree, then bake for 30 minutes
- Finally (yes you hate me more), reduce oven to 250, bake for another 35-40 minutes until it sets in center.
Let the cake chillax on the counter then cover it and let it rest in the fridge for 4-5 hours.
Then add toffee pieces, caramel sauce on top and whipped cream frosting.Vollaaaaaaaaaaa