I’m possibly the worst when it comes to deciding what I would like to cook . I love food. I would marry her if I could and truly enjoy the pleasure of being able to create my own meals from wholesome and organic ingredients, which also gives me a peace of mind when feeding them to my beloved ones. Yeah I’m one of those psycho who love to create WWIII in the kitchen and just cook up a storm of foods then force people to come over and eat them with me.
(Hershey chocolate cake muffin, vegan chocolate muffin with cheese cake swirls and banana bread, served with iced chocolate chai tea latte ❤ )
Anyhow, I was at Whole Foods the other day just drooling over their cupcakes and sweet section, dreaming of decadent chocolate melting in my mouth uhmmm (I blame it on that time of the month).So naturally, I have to run home and make my very own treats because I’m crazy like that. I managed to whip up some vegan banana bread since I had a tone of ripping bananas (I have that yellow fever). That wasn’t funny I know. Okay, I need to stop this rambling and just give you the beautiful sigh of my bread already
(There she is, no filter needed for the ultra moist babe)
- 5 ripe bananas
- 1/4 cup of water
- 1tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- 1/2 tsp of baking soda
- 1 3/4 of whole wheat flour (you can substitute with gluten free flour but may need to add eggs for a better texture)
- 3/4 cup of coconut sugar
- Some raw cocoa powder and vegan chocolate chips if you want it to be chocolateish. I used 1/4 cup of raw cocoa
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 350
- Mash your bananas in a large bowl, add coconut palm sugar and vanilla then mix altogether with water
- Mix the flour, raw cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder together then fold it into the previous banana mixture.
- Thoroughly mix them both together using a fork until achieve a smooth consistency
- Pour the smoothed batter into a bacon greased baking pan. I’m kidding, just use a nonstick pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes then check the internal texture
- If it does not come out clean and dry enough, bake further for another 10 minutes
Yummy!! NOW SERVE IT TO YOUR NON VEGAN FRIENDS AND MAKE YOURSELF LOOK LIKE A FOOD SNOB. Just kidding, just lather the bread slices in rich butter and add some fresh sliced fruits with it. Here ya go, some heaven sent fuel for the body and soul.
I also then proceeded to make this gluten free chocolate muffins with cream cheese swirls. See, told ya I’m crazily in love with cooking.