Hello there, I hope your Saturday morning is going to be brilliant and thank you for reading this post :). Before going to brunch today, I managed to put together a simple and summery outfit with pastel blue and cotton candy pink shade. I think these two colors are perfect together and really add a feminine & chic look to anyone. High waisted skirt or skater skirt is also a very versatile and useful item when it comes to styling outfits with crop tops, especially since I will be eating quite a lot and don’t feel like showing my stuffed belly after. I also wanted the bag to be of a bolder color to highlight the outfit and to add a more glossy, yet sophisticated touch to an otherwise neutral combination.
-Alexander Wang Ribbed Stretch jersey Cropped T-shirt
-Blue PU Skater Skirt is only $33 (available at owntherunway.com)
-Semilla leather pumps in sand color (luisaviaroma.com)
-Anddd my favorite Salvatore Ferragamo Satchel–Sofia Medium
Now on to the main important part of my life and this blog: F.O.O.D. During the week, I tend to eat very clean and home cooked meals are my prefer choices since I like to know where the delicious things I’m about to eat actually come from. I appreciate the pleasure of having the time to cook and being able to experiment with new ingredients in my dishes. However, I do resort to pre-cooked food when I don’t have time or simply just want a treat/cheat day (Oh hello CHIPOTLE double rice, double chicken, okay I mean double everything).
Otherwise, I’m terrified of Mcdonald’s and their fellow greasy, fast food type, even though I do have a secret love affair with crispy fried chicken but we will pretend like I never said that. The one ultimate unhealthy craving I often find myself dreaming and drooling about is french fries. Mmm that crunchiness, saltiness is totally finger licking good ;). For my deep love for french fries, I have been experimenting with different ways to make this goodies without actually frying it (I’m such a buzz kill I know). Soo here comes my favorite (no fried) french fries recipe, which is super easy and satisfying without all the guilt.
– Sea salt, black pepper, freshly grated Parmesan cheese , garlic powder, crusted red pepper flakes (optional but I really like spicy foods and it kicks start my metabolism pretty well).
-Sprayable coconut oil (Trader Joe’s)
- First, preheat the oven to 375-400 degree
- Wash, then peel and cut your potatoes into wedges or stripes of even sizes
- Boil the potato in hot water with salt for 15 minutes, this will help shorten the time of baking
- Pour the potato wedges into a drainer and run cold water through it. Make sure that you do not overcook the potatoes.
- Pat dry then lay them in single layers on a tinfoiled baking dish
- Mix together all of the seasonings then dust them evenly over the potatoes
- Carefully spray coconut oil (very lightly) on top of the wedges
- Cover the dish in foil on top and bake for 5 minutes, then remove the foil, continue to bake for 15 minutes
- Use a fork/ spatula to flip the potatoes then bake for another 15-20 minutes until golden on both sides.
- Sprinkle some more salt for taste (optional, I say don’t but if you must then why not 😛 )
- DEVOUR THEM WITH KETCHUP (You can make your own with tomato paste, garlic + onion powder, a bit of salt, water and vinegar) 🙂
Enjoy and let me know how it turns out for you and post a comment if you would like me to write a post about sugar, carb, protein, fat intakes, etc.